25 Aug 2013

Using Real Designer Paper

This weekend I had the chance to play with some REAL designer paper and an ace cutting file. 

The stress at work has finally lifted and I rewarded myself with some really nice designer paper from Graphic 45 called Bohemian Bazaar. The colours are wonderfully bright and well complemented by my favourite teal cardstock from Paper Mill Direct

I purchased the cutting file from SVG Cuts, and selected to make the eye-catching 3d telephone from the Call Me Later set.




I made some additional elements using the Silhouette Studio Designer Edition.



Firstly, a dial, partly for nostalgia's sake, and partly to try out my new EC shape tool (14mm rounds). The dial was scaled to fit around them. Purists may notice that there is one number/button missing. That's down to lack of space ... and artistic licence!



Secondly, I made perforated shapes to go over the ear and mouth pieces. It just seemed to need that finishing touch.

I'm happy to share files containing these shapes (they'll be in the proprietary .studio format). Just leave a comment, follow this blog, then email me at libraryquine AT gmail DOT come, and I'll send them to you.

I'm so impressed with design and quality of this paper. It is very much thicker than the other brands of designer paper I've used so far. I've applied to join their NING to get more ideas on using this product.

Now - what to make next?

4 comments:

BDF said...

I love it Janet x

Janet Packer said...

Thanks Brenda!

Sharon said...

Fantastic work! X

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous thank you x Leigh x