9 Jan 2017

Glitter, Sparkle, Twinkle Shine - try the NEW Metallic Heat Transfer



Hiya,  Welcome to my first post of 2017. Happy New Year to you all and many thanks for commenting and following in 2016 - your feedback is so very much appreciated.

Today I have a post over on the Silhouette UK Blog featuring a NEW product in the UK -  Silhouette METALLIC Heat Transfer. It is available in gold, silver and mint (so far) and it is SO pretty!

To try out this new media I decorated a plain black t-shirt with the mint and silver with a few rhinestones for extra bling. I made minimal changes to this lovely design by Kollette Hall from the Silhouette Design Store.




In my post I show you how to re-size the file to fit your t-shirt and tweak the file to allow for the rhinestones to make contact directly with the t-shirt fabric (they stick better that way).

I also tell you the software settings you'll need to cut the metallic heat transfer media (so far there is no default setting in the software, but I'm sure that it will be present in the next update to the Silhouette Studio® software). I also show you how to cut it to make your weeding as easy as possible and then how to best apply it with a domestic iron.

Finally, I've included instructions on how to use the Silhouette rhinestone setter to apply the sparkly rhinestones.




I love the metallic sparkle and shine, and I hope you do too.

BREAKING NEWS: By coincidence I've just discovered that the designer of the file I used for this project has a special promotion in The Silhouette Design Store at the moment 25% off!





14 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Janet this is stunning it looks so glamorous with all that sparkle and shine. Hugs Jackie

Missy Pink said...

That is one cool and awesome idea!! X

Janet Packer said...

Thanks Jackie. The shine is amazing - even better in real life!

Janet Packer said...

Thank you Missy Pink, I'm just thinking about all the things I can add a bit of shine to!

Katie said...

Awesome Tshirt

Janet Packer said...

Thanks Katie - it was such a fun project.

Karenzkardz said...

Love this. Great idea. And colours are fab..especially that green lol xx

Shabneez said...

Janet I'm loving the metallic sparkle and shine on your project! Shabneez x

Janet Packer said...

Thanks Karen, I'm glad you like this project.

Janet Packer said...

Thank you Shabneez, I'm loving it too (can you tell)?

Kathy said...

Oh Wow! This is just brilliant. You are so clever with your Silhouette - and so much more adventurous with it than I could ever be!

Jan said...

I love this project. Those colours are fab xx Jan

Janet Packer said...

Oh Kathy, this project was SO easy, you really should try it!

Janet Packer said...

Thanks Jan, I have such a weakness for mint and blue/green shades generally!