2 Nov 2017

Use Silhouette Sketch Pens to Make Cards with a Handrawn Look



Hiya, this is one of three cards that I have over on the Silhouette UK Blog today. This card is drawn with sketch pens on the Silhouette® Cameo and hand-coloured with copic markers. YES! Copic Markers ARE compatible with the Silhouette Sketch pens.  The instructions for this card show how to combine three cut files to make the card front, and include how to convert a regular cut file into a sketch file.

I have two other cards and lots of tips and techniques for using the Silhouette® Sketch Pens to make unusual Christmas cards with a hand-drawn look,






This one has additional text sketched onto the  Presents Christmas Card by Rivka Wilkins from the Silhouette Design Store.




This one uses two colours of pens and uses the Snowman Sketch Card also by Rivka Wilkins.




Sketching is a great way to batch make cards - pop over to the Silhouette UK Blog to read how to do it.






16 comments:

Tracy Welham said...

These are delightful, I love the sketches. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Jackie T said...

Hi Janet they are gorgeous I too love the sketches. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Janet Packer said...

Thanks Tracey, I’m glad you like them.

Janet Packer said...

Thank you Jackie, you too x

KarinsArtScrap said...

sweet and beautiful cards Janet
Gr Karin

Sylvia said...

Fabulous cards, love the snowman sketch. I bought some pens last year and as yet have not used them, this will have to be my next project.

Sylv xx

Janet Packer said...

Thanks you Karin x

Janet Packer said...

You should Sylvia. I use them all the time for sentiments. This is the first time I’ve used them for the main part of the card and I shall definitely be using them more!

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Cure cards loving those penguins

Laine said...

Full of colour and looks like loads of fun Janet!
Laine
x

Brawny x said...

Absolutely fabulous work. X

Shabneez said...

I'm going to have a go with this one Janet (one day when I get time!) - super creations! Shabneez x

Kate M said...

Super cards, great sketches, fabulous work!!
xx

Dawn said...

A great set of fun Christmas cards. x

Andree said...

A wonderful card Janet. Super cute penguins and brilliant sentiment. Fabulous sketch cards too xx

Lorre-Anne Archibald said...

Fab projects Janet x