23 Mar 2018

Make your own Pen Holder for Planner, Journal or Notebook



Hiya, I have a post over on the Silhouette UK Blog today with ideas for creating a custom pen holder for a planner, notebook or journal using the Silhouette Faux Leather Paper.



I've used the faux leather in many projects previously, and although it requires more care to cut then card, it is well worth the effort. In the post I've included some tips to make the job easier if you decide to try it for yourself. 



I chose to decorate the ends of my holder with a shell image from the CG Under the Sea Dingbats Font using silver metallic heat transfer material. I think shells compliment the pretty mermaid scale fold-over elastic that I found on that famous auction site, but any relatively simple shape could be used. 

My post covers how to design and assemble your own pen holder, customised to fit your pens, as well as tips on cutting the faux leather leather paper and installing the elastic.



The finished pen holder can be added to the outside, or within your planner, notebook or journal to act as a place marker.





This design can be adapted for different themes, just choose a relatively simple shape to weld to the basic rectangle.

Let me know if you try it.




5 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's beautiful and great idea
Gr Karin

Jackie T said...

Oh wow Janet this is a stunning project it just looks amazing. It would make such a lovely gift. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Shabneez said...

Wonderful project idea Janet - it has a very 'mermaid' feel to it. Shabneez x

Unknown said...

What a great project Janet- I am always drawn to anything with mermaid theme so may have to try this. Cathy x

Kraftyscot (Donna) said...

What a fab idea Janet...love it! :)
Hugs Donna xx