20 Jul 2018

Baby Door Hanger with an Acrylic Blank and Metallic Vinyl




Hiya,  I have a new post over on the Silhouette UK Blog today. It features a quick and easy gift idea using this week's featured product for the Silhouette UK Design Team  - Silhouette Metallic Vinyl. I've applied the vinyl to a blank acrylic shape and added a pretty ribbon.



I had a bit of a time restrain on this project as it was a gift needed at very short notice. I needed it to come together quickly, but unfortunately I made a rookie error which required a recut. That lead to a design revision which I think improved the look of the finished item. Pop over to the blog to read how I did it.

I used the following files from the Silhouette Design Store:

  • Baby Sleeping Door Hanger file by Ginny Nelson (#28287)
  • Stars file by Rhonna Farrer (#181213)

The 10 cm blank acrylic star came from Acrylic Craft, and the ribbon was purchased at my local craft shop Meg's Attic. The teal metallic vinyl is Silhouette Metallic Permanent Vinyl and was provided by GraphtecGB as part of my Silhouette Design Team package.



9 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

great and very beautiful Janet

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Lovely baby theme project

Katie said...

These are so sweet

Kate M said...

Fabulous door hanger - super project! xx

Sylvia said...

A wonderful new baby gift.

Sylv xx

Rose Andrew said...

Beautiful and great idea!
Rose

Kathy said...

Janet, this is utterly adorable!

Lorre-Anne Archibald said...

Love this Janet... beautiful x

Shabneez said...

Adorable Janet! Shabneez x