26 Sept 2018

Color Theory Online Cardmaking Class - Day 1

Just sharing a couple of things from the first exercise of the color theory class (details here) - day one.

First we were asked to paint a color wheel. I used my Kuratake paints which haven't seen much use until now. I'm not sure I chose the best colours - but here is my color wheel.



True to form, I used my Silhouette to draw my wheel, and discovered a new hack - using a kid's soft grip tube to make the pencil fit in the pen holder. So pleased that it did the job SO quickly.



Here's my screen shot of the construction of the wheel in the software.

I know I'm going to enjoy this class!



4 comments:

Debby Hughes said...

I think you did a fabulous job of picking colours! And let me just admire those perfect circles. Believe me I could’ve done with that technique for this class 😂

Janet Packer said...

Thanks for your kind comments Debbie. Hopefully I’ll be making better friends with my watercolours over the next few days.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Thanks for the Super tip on the rubber "thingy". Great wheel too.
Faith
x

Janet Packer said...

Thanks Faith, It was one I discovered just as I was about to fit the pencil, and realised that it was way too narrow!