15 Jul 2020

Christmas in July - Folding Cardinal Card



Hiya, It's lovely to have a gentle push to remind us all to get started on our Christmas Cards - that's why I love 'Christmas in July' events! My first Christmas card of the year is the Cardinal Card  from Simply Crafty SVGs. I was able to use one of my favourite craft supplies - glitter paper!  Assembly of this 3D card is very straightforward, and if you need some help you can watch Simply Crafty SVG's Cardinal Card assembly video instructions. I love to craft along with Sandy's videos.



Materials Used:
American Crafts Medium Weight Textured Cardstock (White, Grey)
Lawn Fawn Cardstock (Peacock)
Patterned Paper
Silver Glitter Paper (Red, White, Gold)
Beacon 3-in-1 Adhesive
Silhouette Cameo + Designer Edition Software (or other digital cutter)
Printer (for the Print & Cut sentiment)

File Used:
Simply Crafty SVGs Cardinal Card


DETAILS

Cardinal


This little fella was fun to layer up using the glitter paper. I cut an extra white cardstock bird to act as a base as my glitter paper is a little flimsy. It's a shame that the layers don't show up in the photo
o, as they are so lovely.




Trees

For the birch trees I layered white glitter paper over dark grey card. Birch are some of my favourite trees, and I love using them in my craft projects.



Sentiment


I used one of the included sentiment strips, duplicating it in different colours to have a range of colours to see which one looked best.


I didn't achieve a good match for the peacock card and decided that the black looked good, tying in with the black of the bird's beak nicely.



Assembly


Assembly was very straightforward - these cards will be great to make en masse for sending out to friends this Christmas.


This is the file I used. Just click on the photo to visit the page in Simply Crafty SVGs online store.




Janet, DT Member Simply Crafty SVGs

Blog: Crafting Quine 
Facebook: Janet Packer Crafting Quine
Instagram: @CraftingQuine





4 comments:

Shabneez said...

Great design Janet! Shabneez x

Jackie T said...

Wow Janet this is a stunning Christmas card. It just looks amazing. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love your card Janet and your tutorial to show how it all comes together, great to do the bird in glitter and the lovely birch trees too and I like the papers you chose for the framing, a great card.
Take care
Faith x

Betiana Ortiz said...

So beautiful Janet, and you chose amazing papers! Love every detail, and the step by step is so helpful. Thank you so much for sharing! Take care crafty friend!