15 Jan 2016

Mad for Coffee Word Art

I love playing with word art and I SO enjoyed making some home decor items with the new Coffee Lettering SVG file from Sanqunetti Design and my Silhouette Cameo.



I made this coffee mug with regular outdoor rated vinyl. It cuts and releases like a dream if you use a good quality vinyl that hasn't been stored for too long. I now ALWAYS buy from a reputable supplier as poorly stored vinyl can be a devil to work with (don't ask me how I know)! I usually buy Oracal 651 from MDP Supplies in the UK. 


This wall plaque was made using the pen function - yes, the Silhouette can draw as well as cut!  There will be a mini tutorial on this process in my next post as it seems to be rather popular!


























This box frame filled with coffee beans and decorated with gold vinyl looks great in 'real' life but didn't photograph quite as well - those reflections are so annoying!




Here is the file I made them all from. Its a great set for those new to svgs files - just a little re-sizing required. AND ... if you are quick, you can buy it from Sanqunetti Design at 50% off! (limited time offer). The download also includes a DXF file - so you don't even need the designer edition of the Silhouette Studio software to use it.





If you like seeing my makes, do leave a comment. There is nothing so good as encouragement to keep me crafting and blogging.  If you'd like further instructions do let me know and I'll see if I can write a little tutorial.

Thanks for visiting - call by any time!




2 comments:

Brawny x said...

These are great. Fabulous creations x

Janet Packer said...

Thank you Lea!