17 May 2016

FREE Design of the Week - A Quickie Wedding Gift

This week's free file from the Silhouette Design Store is a gift card hold holder from one of my favourite designers - Lori Whitlock. I needed a quick wedding gift, and the file arrived just at the right time! I used another file from the store for the word art, and a beautiful new script font to customise the card for the lovely couple.



First I cut the basic pieces from plain heavy-weight white card and the icing pieces from my favourite silver glitter paper. Then I set up a print and cut operation, filling the cake pieces with a soft mint green. I used the "Here's to Love" phrase by Kolette Hall to decorate the cake. To do this I ungrouped the words and arranged them onto the cake pieces leaving space for the couple's names and the icing.

The names Ben and Laura are written using a new font from the Silhouette store called Grassy Meadow by Sweet Elise.  I wrote the names, adjusted them to size and welded the letters together, filling them with a red which I 'borrowed' from the heart using the colour picker tool.

I set registration marks around the cake pieces and sent them to the printer to print on to white pearl card. Then I fed them through my Silhouette Cameo to accurately cut them out - a process that never ceases to amaze me!

Finally I adhered the basic pieces together, remembering to insert the card holder BEFORE sealing the outer card pieces, then added the icing trim and the card was complete. Only a gift card and an envelope was required for the gift to be ready.




Don't forget to download this file while it is still free. Its a very useful file to have on hand for quick gifts. If you make the file, do consider entering it into the Silhouette FREE Design weekly Challenge on the Silhouette UK Blog.



SILHOUETTE STORE DESIGNS USED:



10 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Janet this is brilliant. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Janet Packer said...

Thanks Jackie. I'm sure thus will be a very useful file to enclose gift cards for all sorts of celebrations!

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous! A brilliant idea!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Janet Packer said...

Thanks Linda. Wish I could take the credit for the design. Thanks for visiting. X

Scrappy Scatty said...

Thank you for the lovely welcome - I love your make xx

Kathy said...

Love it! What a great idea - just popped over to the store pick up my freebie! Thank you for the nod ;)

Brawny x said...

A fabulous design. Very clever. X

Janet Packer said...

Thanks Scrappy, you really are welcome!

Janet Packer said...

Glad you like it Kathy. This is a nice one!

Janet Packer said...

Thank you x