20 Aug 2017

Make your own adhesive card and paper





Hiya, Over on the Silhouette UK blog today I'm sharing a trick to make your own adhesive-backed card and paper sheets.  They can be used right away or kept for future projects; with the peel-off paper backing they store perfectly.



Using adhesive backed cardstock saves time, adhesive, and often a good bit of mess. They are great for unusual shapes and batch projects.



I used the Silhouette Double Sided Adhesive sheets to make them. I've tried other brands, but they tend to have thinner backing paper and I've had them stick badly to my mat when cutting and have torn and taken an age to peel off.  The Silhouette brand peels off the mat easily and having a thicker backing has the bonus of giving the paper/card additional strength and rigidity.



The post over on the Silhouette UK Blog includes instructions on how to make the self-adhesive sheets and how to cut them on the Silhouette desktop cutting machines.

I used this lovely Wild Flower patterned paper from Trimcraft to decorate these 5-Sided Pillow Boxes by Carina Gardner from the Silhouette Design Store.

It was quick and easy to stick all 33 pieces on, and even the patterns matched correctly!

I hope you find this useful.









6 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's beautiful Janet
Gr Karin

Janet Packer said...

Thank you Karin

Jackie T said...

Wow stunning. Hugs Jackie

Unknown said...

Stunning project Janet, I just love those papers. Cathy x

Tracy Welham said...

Beautiful! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Brawny x said...

Fab job x