3 Nov 2018

FREE Papercraft Hanger SVG File to use with the Leaf Wall Art Shadow Boxes



Hello, this week I've been playing with corrugated paper to make these Leaf Wall Art Shadow Boxes.  I have a post over on the Silhouette UK Blog describing how to cut the corrugated paper, with instructions on how to put together this set of shadow boxes.




I like to share a little extra something over here on my own blog when I can. This week I have a FREE cutting file for a hanger to mount these shadow boxes, or any light papercraft project, to the wall. The file is in SVG format, so can be used with most digital paper cutting machines; Silhouette (with Designer edition), Cricut, Scan n' Cut, etc. The file is free to use for all non-commercial uses, all I ask in return is that you become a follower of my blog or Instagram feed.

Download the FREE file here
For crafters who do not have a cutting machine, the file is also available as a FREE printable template in PDF format here.  

Once the hangers are cut out, fold them on the centre score line and adhere the two halves together. Fold on the remaining score line and adhere the square part to the back of your paper craft project.



I constructed the shadow boxes so that there is a void in the back to accommodate a hanger and a hook and still allow the boxes to hang flush to the wall. The boxes can be hung on the wall once the adhesive is dry. Traditional picture hooks will work, and small 'command' hooks will work too. The one pictured is possibly a little too small, but I've run out of my favourite size.



This is the design I used to make the Leaf Shadow Boxes (an SVG file from the Silhouette Design Store).


These are the Silhouette products that I used.


Here are the other products used/recommended.




I'd love to hear how you use this hanger. Do post a comment here, or on my other social media if you find it handy.


9 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Janet they are stunning I love them all. They will look fantastic on the wall. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Katie said...

These are beautiful

Sylvia said...

Fabulous shadow boxes, love the use of the corrugated card to give texture. Thank you for sharing the hanger file.

Sylv xx

jane stillman said...

These are brilliant. Great to see something unusual and different

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

great project, I love to see the textures

Lorre-Anne Archibald said...

Fab project x

Kathy said...

These are perfect Autumn decor, and the wall hungers are a fab idea, thank you for sharing

Andree said...

These look fabulous Janet. Loving the neutral colours xx

Laine said...

Such fun projects!