24 Nov 2018

A Contemporary Mass-Produced Christmas Card




Hi, I can't believe that November is almost over - where did the month go? Every year I make one or two card designs in multiples, and this year I've picked a contemporary card design by Kristen Magee; the Fa La La Christmas Card (#234355). Over on the Silhouette UK Blog I have a tutorial showing how I simplified this seven-layer card to two-layers with a few additional accents using silver Silhouette Sticker Foil.



In the post I take you through the process of how this card evolved to the point at which I felt I'd made it as easy enough to make in quantity. I reduced the number of layers by bringing in the Print & Cut technique as well as introducing some extra shine with foil sticker paper.



I made a heap of these little accent tags too. I love how teeny tiny I can make them with my Silhouette Cameo.




Materials Used

Silhouette Silver Printable Sticker Foil

Medium-weight White Textured Cardstock

Square Card Blanks

Beacon 3-in1 Advanced Craft Adhesive

Silver Cord

Silhouette CAMEO® 3

Silhouette 12" x 12" Cutting Mat

A3+ Printer (if printing on 12"x12", otherwise an A4 Printer)





DIGITAL DESIGNS USED:




5 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Janet your cards are gorgeous they look so professional. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I agree with Jackie, so professional JAnet, LOVE these, I really should get going on my cards!!!
Faith
x

Kathy said...

This is a wonderful, colourful and stylish design! I love it

Katie said...

These are fabulous

Shabneez said...

Great idea and love those cute tags too Janet! Shabneez x