18 May 2018

Make Duct Tape Flowers with your Silhouette Cameo



Hiya, I'm a real fan of duct tape, and use it for all kinds of jobs around the house and garden.
This week I had the opportunity to try out Silhouette Printable Duct Tape Sheets. I thought that they'd be great to use for the flowers on an outdoor wreath, as they were sure to be more durable than those made from cardstock.

I chose to make the Flower Wreath, Spring from Snapdragon Snippets, as it didn't have too many flower layers. Here is a list of the materials that I used to make the wreath.


Info on how I put the wreath together can be found on the Silhouette UK Blog.





Making Flowers from Duct Tape Sheets

The Silhouette version comes in sheets that can be cut with scissors, or a digital cutting machine. It comes with a backing sheet too - so I managed to not stick my fingers together for once!



The sheets can be used in three ways:

(1) Print - they can be printed with any pattern you choose. Here is a shot of some of the crazy patterns available somewhere in the world (from the book, "Crazy-Cool Duct Tape Projects" by Marisa Pawelko)!



(2) Cut - with scissors, die cutter or Silhouette/Cricut. The flower petals for the wreath were cut from unprinted  sheets. Rather than kiss-cut the sheets, I chose cut settings that would cut through both the tape and it's backing sheet. This gives the petals more 'body' and allows them to be layered without the adhesive side sticking to lower layers of petals or the wreath.



(3) Print & Cut - contour cutting with Silhouette. I did these plain-ish leaves, but cut shapes could be filled with virtually any colour or pattern.



You can see the finished wreath over on the Silhouette UK Blog.

What would YOU make with crazily printed duct tape?

5 comments:

Jackie T said...

Oh wow Janet this is just amazing. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Janet Packer said...

Thank you Jackie. This is a really interesting new media.

KarinsArtScrap said...

looks great Janet
Gr Karin

Shabneez said...

Brilliant use of duct tape Janet - lovely project. Shabneez x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I'm sure this is durable enough to last a long while, it's so beautiful for a Summer greeting in your porch area.
Faith
x