25 May 2018

Cut your Own Stencils with the Silhouette Cameo




Hello, Janet here with a media I haven't tried before ... Silhouette Stencil Material (the non-adhesive variety). It comes in a pack of six letter-sized, thick, plastic-y sheets. My first thought was that it would be perfect for making stencils to use with a mix of pigment ink and glitter paste. I was impressed with the resulting stencils and mask, so have shared the process of making, and using the stencils, together with the finished card, on the Silhouette UK Blog.

These are the designs that I used:


I loved using the stencil material and have all kinds of projects in mind for this stencil and for others! They can be used with glitter paste, mousse, texture paste, or sprays and mists.  I think I'm going to be busy!



Do you make your own stencils? I'd love to hear your ideas and suggestions.






8 comments:

Shabneez said...

Gorgeous card Janet and love the stencil! Yes, I admit to making my own using punches and dies. Saves lots of money! Shabneez x

Janet Packer said...

Thanks Shabneez - I need to try it with punches and dies too!

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautifulllllllllllllllllllll Janet
Gr Karin

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

stunning janet, love the shimmery bright yellow sun

Kate M said...

This is fabulous, loving the bright sunshiny yellow, great stencil you have made, will give it a go!
xx

Gwyneth said...

Great stencil and a fab card made using it.
GG

Jackie T said...

Hi Janet your card is gorgeous. I love the stencil you have created. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO good to know Janet and a you have achieved a wonderful result, love it all.
Faith