23 Jun 2018

Make an Impossible Card with your Silhouette Cameo




Hiya. Have you been bitten by the Impossible Card bug yet? They seem to be all over Pinterest, YouTube and other visual social media. There are some great tutorials for making them using pencil, ruler and cutting tools and I'll list my favourites at the bottom of this post. However, I won't pretend that I wasn't relieved to see that there is an impossible card design available in the Silhouette Design Store!



The card file is called the Flower Urn Bouquet Impossible Card (#267289), and is designed by Snapdragon Snippets. The card file includes basic bridging pieces, but there are optional banner tags  and a custom-shaped envelope available. If you search the store using the search term "impossible card" (with the double quotation marks), you'll find them all. I used part of the thank you/teacher  banner set (#267291) as I really liked that banner shape.




I have a load of hints and tips on putting this card together on the Silhouette UK Blog and more info on how to use the double-sided adhesive sheets to speed up the process. The designer has a full tutorial on how to put the card together (the link is in the item listing in the store and I've also included it here).

On the Silhouette UK Blog I show how to use the Silhouette Double-Sided Adhesive sheets in three ways:
  1. to make double-sided patterned paper,
  2. to make double-sided textured cardstock, and
  3. to 'glitter-ize' coloured cardstock.
Do pop over there if you're interested in learning how to use them in these ways.


Here are some of my favourite tutorials for Impossible Cards:

Basic Impossible Card: There is a great video and blog on the basic impossible card by Mixed Up Crafts.

Square & Other sizes of Impossible Cards: Maymay Made It has all the dimensions for different sizes on video and blog.

Triple Twist Impossible Card: Mixed Up Crafts shows how to make a fun variation on blog and video.

Have fun!








8 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Janet this is a stunning card. I do like making this type of card. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Unknown said...

Stunning card Janet. I haven't tried one yet but really must give it a go! Cathy x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! my goodness this is fabulous Janet, great work and pretty too.
Faith
x

Kate M said...

I love these impossible cards and only made a few recently. Love yours - a different take on them - great card!!
xx

Kathy said...

They are fun, aren't they?
Love yours

Sylvia said...

Wonderful card to say thank you. Thank you for the links, this is something I have been meaning to try.

Sylv xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

what an amazing stand up card for a teacher. Great work

Lorre-Anne Archibald said...

Great card Janet, love the impossible card style x