22 Apr 2020

Delivering Sunshine and Rainbows using Simply Crafty SVG's Easter Truck Box




Hiya, Up and down the country, and in many different parts of the world, pictures of rainbows have begun appearing in windows as families and households have worked to stay positive during the lockdown. Rainbows are being seen as a sign of hope, and make a great decoration for gift boxes to give to those who are still working hard, allowing many more of us to socially isolate.

It was simple job to transform the  Easter Truck Box from Simply Crafty SVGs to make a cheerful gift box with a rainbow theme.





I made up the Easter Truck Box in sunshine yellow cardstock, decorated and it with rainbow-printed digital paper panels. I also used the rainbow from the Pot O Gold Treat Box file to show it delivering a rainbow!




Materials Used:
American Crafts Medium Weight Textured Cardstock
White Printable Cardstock/Photo Paper
Manual Embossing Machine & Diamond Embossing Folder
Beacon 3-in-1 Adhesive
White Sign Vinyl
Silhouette Cameo + Designer Edition Software
Colour Printer

Files Used:
Simply Crafty SVGs Easter Truck Box
Simply Crafty SVGs Pot O Gold Treat Box

Other Files Used:
Digital Paper Baptism Day Rainbow by Pebbles in my Pocket



ADAPTATIONS

Panels
I used the Silhouette's Print & Cut function to cut out panels filled with rainbow digital paper.



Wheels
I substituted small hearts instead of bunnies on the wheels.

Doors
The doors were dry embossed with a diamond-pattern embossing folder.

Rainbow
I used the rainbow from the Pot of Gold Treat Box. As the rainbow pieces were individual 'stripes' in the original file, I made a single backing piece by welding the stripes together on a copy of the overlaid stripes. I then flipped a copy the backing and stripes to make a reverse copy, and attached both to opposite sides of the truck. I cut two sets, one being for another project (shown later).



Sentiment
I typed, and sized my sentiments to fit the truck bumpers/fenders and cut them from white sign vinyl - easier to cut than cardstock for these tiny letters.




BONUS PROJECT

My locality also started a teddy bear hunt, where folks were putting teddy bears in their windows to entertain passing children. I couldn't resist making a hat for my daughter's teddy bear using the same cardstock colour palette. The Simply Crafty SVG Propeller Baseball Hat was perfect. I just added a 3D sun instead of the propeller. The bear also has a rainbow attached to his wrist, with a rubber band adhered to the back, to hold it in place.



The propeller hat doubles up as a gift box.



The sun was made using an adapted Sun Shaker element by Lori Whitlock.









The hat and truck make a fun and cheerful window display and the boxes will later be used for gifting. The truck is perfect for small gifts, chocolates, or even packets of seeds.

It's lovely to work on these cheerful projects in such dismal times - delivering sunshine and rainbows!

These are the files I used. Just click on the photo to visit the page in Simply Crafty SVGs online store.





Janet, DT Member Simply Crafty SVGs

Blog: Crafting Quine 
Instagram: @CraftingQuine



3 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Janet you are amazing with these cut files. I love this little truck as a rainbow gift box, it looks so cute and colourful.
Keep safe and well.
Faith x

Jackie T said...

Oh wow Janet your makes are just amazing. I love them all. I really like how the rainbow has become a symbol of hope. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Shabneez said...

Such a fun and happy creation Janet! Shabneez x